Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11506 redundancy

jcarvalh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have one CSS with two SCM modules (I have no more modules on the CSS).

I configured it in one-armed mode and now I need to configure redundancy between both SCM.

At this moment I have one active and the other is passive and if I take one SCM down the other takes place.

However if I unpluged the cable for the giga port in the active the passive does not became active. Is it possible to configure both SCM with a more sofisticated redundancy method?

In documentation I couldn't find any help.

Best regards,

Joao

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pknoops
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Joao,

Unfortunately, the SCM's in the CSS are redundant only from a hardware perspective. They cannot be configured to take over from a "software" perspective when an interface goes down.

I guess one potential thing to do would be to have a customer script with a keepalive to test ip connectivity and when/if that keepalive in software fails, have the script run the commands to take the SCM down.

Regards

Pete..

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pknoops
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Joao,

Unfortunately, the SCM's in the CSS are redundant only from a hardware perspective. They cannot be configured to take over from a "software" perspective when an interface goes down.

I guess one potential thing to do would be to have a customer script with a keepalive to test ip connectivity and when/if that keepalive in software fails, have the script run the commands to take the SCM down.

Regards

Pete..

Hello.

I believe the script wouldn't work because, after the reboot, the CSS would make an hardware checkup and the active SCM would be the same.

However your answer was very helpfull to me.

Thank you,

Joao