cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I pull call logs from phones

averheaghe
Level 1
Level 1

We are having a 911 hangup problem, so far I can not catch the calls in CDR as they are incomplete. The only way to find the caller is to go to each phone and look at the PLaced Call log in the directories.

Can I do this remotely- without going to each phone?

Thanks,\

Andy

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

Here is an example that shows tracing 911 calls;

Using SQL Queries to Search the Call Detail Record with Cisco CallManager

Search for Calls Made to a Specific Number

In some situations, you might need to find out the extension which called 911 on a specific date. Complete these steps in order to search for calls made to a specific number such as 911.

In order to search for calls that are made to a specific number, you can run a different query.

For example, if you want to look for calls to 911 you can enter the query select * from CallDetailRecord where finalcalledpartynumber='911'.

The bottom of the page displays all the entries in the CDR that have the final called party number equal to 911.

Add a date to this query in order to refine it.

For example, for all calls to 911 after August 1st, 2003, run the query select * from CallDetailRecord where finalcalledpartynumber='911' and datetimeconnect > '1059696000'.

The bottom of the page displays all the entries in the CDR that have the final called party number equal to 911 made after August 1st, 2003. '1059696000' is the universal time in seconds for August 1st, 2003.

In order to see who calls 911, run the query select callingpartynumber from CallDetailRecord where finalcalledpartynumber='911'.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d71c5.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have attempted to use the SQL queries, but it is not tracking incomplete calls.

The problem is we have a user or users who dial 911 and hangup imediately, yet the gateway is sending out the call. 911 answers but no one is on the other line.

Which type of lines to pstn do you have ?

One possible solution would be permanent debug on the gw, and capture to syslog server.

The Gateway is a 2821, with PRI.

We are loggin activity from the gateway to a syslog server, do the logs track the calling extension- or just the called party?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

The calls you are looking for would be referred to as "Zero Duration Calls" which by default are not collected. You should set this parameter;

CDR-Related Service and Enterprise Parameters

The following service parameters apply to CDRs:

Max CDR Records - Cisco Database Layer Monitor service parameter that controls the maximum number of CDRs on the system. When this limit is exceeded, the oldest CDRs automatically get removed, along with the related CMR records, once a day. The default specifies 1.5 million records.

CDR Enabled Flag - Cisco CallManager service parameter that controls whether CDRs are generated. Set this parameter on each Cisco CallManager in the cluster. You do not need to restart the Cisco CallManager for the change to take effect.

**CDR Log Calls With Zero Duration Flag - Cisco CallManager service parameter that controls whether calls with zero duration are logged in CDRs. The default specifies False (zero duration calls not logged).

Call Diagnostics Enabled - Cisco CallManager service parameter that controls whether call diagnostic records containing QoS information about calls are generated. The default specifies False (diagnostics not generated).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb2b.html#wp1030955

Hope this helps!

Rob

Not having a clue about CM, I've easily took the wrong route in suggesting a solution.

My '5' points to Rob's post above!

Hi Paolo,

Thanks buddy :) Don't ever sell yourself short on knowledge. You Rock!

Take care,

Huff

My Zero duration flag is set to true.

Everything says I should be collecting these, but they are not being caught at the CCM.

So far my only way to find them has been to visit each phone.

Do you have a publisher and subscriber CCM? That bit me once already when I was deploying call accounting software.

Check if they both have the settings, they should match.

http://ilopez.com/bl/?p=35

I do have both a pub and sub, only the pub collects the CDRs and I do not see a way to enable it on the sub.

You can only do it in the Enterprise Services Area in CCM Administrator. Do you have the option of configuring the other CCM? Screenshot it and I can help you.

Hi,

r u able to collect other CDRs also??

I am able to collect other CDRs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: