cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Carrier-delay Status?

m1williams
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting the carrier-delay on ports that are always going up and down withing a few seconds on 2900xl and 3750 switches. Is there a sh command that will let me know what int that have carrier-delay set at?

Thanx,

Mark

4 Replies 4

williamsdo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I would try using the pipe command |inc carrier or delay

example

show run | inc carries

show run | inc delay

the pipe command is good for getting detail results on interfaces and configurations.

Searching and Filtering Output of show and more Commands

You can search and filter the output for show and more commands. This functionality is useful when you need to sort through large amounts of output or if you want to exclude output that you do not need to see.

To use this functionality, enter a show or more command followed by the pipe character (|), one of the keywords begin, include, or exclude, and an expression that you want to search for or filter out:

command | {begin | include | exclude} regular-expression

This example shows how to include in the output display only lines where the expression protocol appears:

Switch# show interface | include protocol

Vlan1 is up, line protocol is up

Vlan10 is up, line protocol is down

GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is down

GigabitEthernet0/2 is up, line protocol is up

Accessing the CLI

Before you can access the CLI, you need to connect a terminal or PC to the switch console port and power on the switch as described in the hardware installation guide that shipped with your switch. Then, to understand the boot process and the options available for assigning IP information, see "Assigning the Switch IP Address and Default Gateway."

Thanks for the pipe command but in using it I only get back "carrier-delay 30" with the number of lines displayed equaling the number of int I have configured. I was needing a command that would show which interfaces that have been configured differently from the default value of 2. This way I could keep track of what int have been configured to decrease the errors that keep showing up. Maybe I will have to do a "sh config" and pick through all of the int looking for what has been changed.

Thanx,

Mark

Okay you can do a show run int command to see the config on a certain interface, this will be easier that doing the show run. And yes the number of line usually is in response to each configuration. HTH

show run int fa1/2

show run int fa1/3

iacobansilviu1
Level 1
Level 1

You could use show run | include interface | carrier-delay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card