cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which interface are gig on the 5510

MrJake
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 asa 5510 that I upgraded to security plus license. Im suppose to have 3 10/100 and 2 10/100/1000 interfaces. which one are the gig interfaces. not of the ethernet or management can be set faster then 100Mbps

2 Replies 2

martinwonglc
Level 1
Level 1

Please find the reference below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/release/notes/asarn723.html#wp272663

"ASA 5510 Security Plus License Allows Gigabit Ethernet for Port 0 and 1

The ASA 5510 adaptive security appliance now has the security plus license to enable GE (Gigabit Ethernet) for port 0 and 1. If you upgrade the license from base to security plus, the capacity of the external port Ethernet0/0 and Ethernet0/1 increases from the original FE (Fast Ethernet) (100 Mbps) to GE (1000 Mbps). The interface names will remain Ethernet 0/0 and Ethernet 0/1. Use the speed command to change the speed on the interface and use the show interface command to see what speed is currently configured for each interface"

The problem was i was using 8.0(2) and the speed command was not letting me go higher then 100. I was told to upgrade to 8.0(3) and now it works.

Thanks for the reply though

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: