Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Access Point 1252S-G-N - I need help configuring

m-abooali
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

We have a fe Cisco Wireless access points that i want to replace with the new 1252 modles. it seems that, there aren't much that is configurable based on the little guide that was shipped with the product except for IP address, hostname and Authentication Servers and HDCP which has to be done using console and CLI since this device is not shipped with a default IP Address.

I have not configured one before and was wondering if I can use the config from older Cisco access poits that we have, change the IP and other parameters and it works?

how about the support for N standards?

and how about specifying the speed parameters or codes the string of numbers?

can someone please help me on this new devices so that I understand how to proceed with their configurations?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mike

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

From the news I have , 1252 will support draft 2.0 802.11n support. But it can support 802.11n with a Radio upgrade.

Hi,

what do you mean with a Radio Upgrade?

it does have two Interfaces:

dot11Radio0 for 2.4 GHz

and

dot11Radio1 for 5 GHz

these interfaces are in addition to the Gi0/0 and BVI1 interfaces.

Dot11Radio1 is for the 802.11 N standard and it is ready already with the Anntennas and Power Supplies are sold separately.

if you have reasons to support that Radio needs to be upgraded and not supported by default please provide since I think and i have been told differently!

Thx,

Mike.

AP1252 is provided with radios for 2 bands (2,4 and 5GHz). Both support 802.11n draft 2.0. Final 802.11n standard does not exist yet. In case that the final 802.11n standard differs from 802.11n draft 2.0 a lot it might be necessary to exchange radio modules (hardware upgrade). This is probably the reason why AP1252 is modular.

802.11 n is supported. Upgrade the access point to Cisco Unified Wireless Network version 4.2 to get support for 802.11n.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card