cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating WLAN on 3750G-24WS

JHaynes4
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to be configuring a 3750g-24WS and after reading the documentation I have a question on the creation of a WLAN dynamic interface and the need for a concurrent VLAN interface on the switch itself. When a WLAN is created a dynamic interface is configured for it using an IP address on the WLAN subnet. This interface handles DHCP requests for wireless clients and forwards them to the DHCP server. Does this mean that I do not have to create a VLAN and VLAN interface on the 3750 switch itself for the WLAN and also not put ip helper-address commands on the VLAN interface to handle the DHCP requests, or is this VLAN Interface still necessary so it can act as the default-gateway of the WLAN?

Thanks...

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

You will still need the VLAN to exist on the 3750 switch. You will need to create the dynamic interface on the controller and provide a default gateway for the VLAN. That could be a VLAN interface on the switch or the default gateway could be a router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card