Replies

Error but unable to delete

icemannz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have setup a new Cisco 851 router.

I have done the config via the CLI.

The router seems to work ok but If I connect to it via the com port and let it reboot I will see an error as below:

no ip dhcp use vrf connected.

The point it stops on is vrf.

I wanted to just remove this command but I am unable to do that.

I have tried to do it via the command line but usually I need to put no in front of the command, but this command already has a no in front of it.

This command is not in my config and I think the router put it in by itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phillip

The IOS certainly does insert some things into the configuration that we did not enter. And I have had the experience a few times of having a configuration built in one version of IOS and when I do a code upgrade the new version of IOS emits error messages about some line that the previous version inserted.

I have also had experiences where during the boot process the bootloader code was operating and read the config file and would generate invalid command error messages about something in the config. But when the bootloader finished and the regular code was booted it read the config file and that line was fine (not supported in the version of bootloader but supported in the running image).

Since you say that the line is really not in your config I suspect it is more the first case than the second. And I believe that the error is essentially cosmetic and does not really impact the running of your router. I advise that you not worry about it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card