cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Assistant: does not support the installed Common Services Vers.

Hi,

I seem to have a problem that occurred already with CW Assistant 1.0. I have read CSCsk19350 but in my understanding this should be fixed in CW Assistant 1.0.1.

My setup:

SunOS nms-cw2k 5.9 Generic_122300-13

CW Assistant 1.0.1

CW CommonServices 3.1.1

CW LMS 3.0.1

If I do a comparison with http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_assistant/1.0.1/user/guide/cwa_tbs.html

I seem to have a supported installation. I tried to search bugtool for CWA but I am too stupid to use this tool to do a forward search (I was not even able to find CSCsk19350 without knowing the exact ID). I guess that there might be other problems with CWA. Does somebody have any experience with this error?

Thanks for any hint.

Mat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This problem is almost always due to a bad System Identity User configuration. Try resetting your System Identity User and password under Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup and Common Services > Server > Security > Peer Server Account Setup. The username and password need to match in both places.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you getting an error about the installed Common Services version not being supported? A screenshot of what you're seeing would be helpful.

Hello Joe,

I'll attach two screenshots: one with the versions installed and the other one with the error message.

Regards,

Mat

This problem is almost always due to a bad System Identity User configuration. Try resetting your System Identity User and password under Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup and Common Services > Server > Security > Peer Server Account Setup. The username and password need to match in both places.

Hi Joe,

once again your support is awesome. Thanks a lot, you made my weekend!

Regards,

Mat

Ciao

I got the same problem and tried to reset the two passwords but the problem is still there.

I'v been working on this error for 3 days nad I did get any findings......can you help me please

Thans

Please start a new thread for your problem.