Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule reload on ASA's

stuart.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a need to schedule a reload of some ASA firewalls on a regular basis. What I would like to do is create a reccuring schedule on each ASA to say reload at 23:59 every Friday.

I'm aware of the RELOAD command but this appears to be a 'one time only' operation and I would need to re-enter the command every week.

Is this possible ??

Thanks in advance,

Stu

2 Replies 2

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I haven't tried this but it might be possible with the auto-update feature, although as this would require you to make sure the config file was always up to date and in sync with the running config this may not be such a good idea. Otherwise I can't see any way of doing this without scripting it.

The question I'd be trying to answer is why are you scheduling a reload every week...

HTH

Andrew.

Hi,

I need to temporarilly schedule this reload because of a bug in IOS 7.2(2) that will suddenly stop responding to ARP requests on the outside interface. This in turn causes the firewall to drop off the network as the connected router with no MAC address for the ASA drops the link ... a simple reload cures the issue. So until I can get round to an IOS upgrade of each ASA to 8.x I was thinking of just reloading the ASA's periodically to ensure availability of the configured site-to-site IPSEC VPN.

Your Auto-Update suggestion might just work as the running config will remain static for quite some time. I think i'll give it a go if there is no alternative.

Stu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card