Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect client error

050878james
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there someone who had the same or similar problem with Anyconnect Client ?

Description below :

It is about the 1800 series Cisco IOS router, I have configured SSL VPN and uploaded the pkg image which also have AnyConnect client included, but I got the problems when I should connect via AnyConnect client.

The problem is, I can open anyconnect on the PC, than I type ip address and click on the "select" than I got the question about Certificate, så I accept it twise, and than I should get the prompt for username and password, but NO, I got nothing. Than I opened the EventViewer and I saw the error which looks like this one below:

Function: ProfileMgr :: getHostInitSettings

File: .\ProfileMgr.cpp

Line: 302

Description: Profile settings not available for my_ip_address

I hope that someone can help.......

Thank You

Best regards

3 Replies 3

tomek0001
Level 4
Level 4

Are you trying to use the AnyConnect by just launching the program or are you using the portal to open it up?

If you are launching the program not from the portal (stand-alone mode) then IOS currently does not support stand-alone mode, which means you can also connect using the AnyConnect client by first going to the portal and then trying to connect. I believe that stand-alone mode will be supported in later releases of IOS.

IF you are using the portal to launch it and you get this message maybe the problem is that you have a policy that only accept client from specific IP address and yours doesn't match it.

I am lauching my anyconnect by the program and I am using an ASA5505 and when i put in my username/password i am getting "AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN Server" I have checked the GUI and through command line and it appears to be enabled, is there any other place that can be checked?

I am not 100 % sure is your error message for ASA the same I got couple months ago, but I will describe it, so you can check.....

It happens sometimes on Cisco ASA that image for

AnyConnect client is just "removed" from

configuration by its self, but it is still on its flash:

So this is error I received couple months ago.

Some of our users should log on to Web and start anyconnect client and they received following error:

"The installer was not able to start the cisco VPN client. Client access is not available"

So solution for this is:

CLI:

fw01/act# conf t

fw01/act(config)# we

fw01/act(config)# webvpn

fw01/act(config-webvpn)# svc image

fw01/act(config-webvpn)# svc image disk0:/an

fw01/act(config-webvpn)# svc image disk0:/anyconnect-w

fw01/act(config-webvpn)# svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.1.0148-k9.pkg

fw01/act(config-webvpn)#

fw01/act# wri mem

GUI ASDM 6.0

1. Open ASDM

2. click on "Configuration"

3. click on "Remote Access VPN"

4. expand "Network (Client) Access"

expand "Advanced"

expand "SSL VPN"

5. and under "Client Settings" check if the

AnyConnect Client image is there, if not just

click "Add" and import it from ASA flash.

Than save config, and check.. no reboot is needed.

This solved my problem, so if you received the same error message, than I am sure this will help you too.

KEY POINT WAS TO IMPORT THE ANYCONNECT CLIENT

BACK IN THE CONFIGURATION, SO THAT ASA CAN LAUNCH IT. IT IS ON ITS FLASH BUT ASA DON`T KNOW ABOUT IT SINCE IT WAS REMOVED FROM CONFIGURATION.

hope explanation was good enough.

Best regards