Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCE problem with hardphones

I have an installation of IPCC Enterprise 7.0 with IP IVR. I configured all the systems and everything is working properly, both ICM and IVR. Both scripts are collaborating and the agents receives the variables on the desktop. All these have been tested using IP Communicators. When an agent who is using hard phone (7941), nothing is working. The routing script of ICM fails and goes to the End node. I created a simple script with LAA node and a Skill Group, without sending it to IVR and I have the same symptoms.

13 Replies 13

cherilynn1030
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the 7941 configured in call manager, for contact center calls?

Yes I have configured the phones in CCM. I have enabled the CTI. The hard phones have the same configuration as the IP Communicators.

Start with comparing the IP Communicator configuration against the 7941. Make sure they are the same. Then I would make sure that the agent is logging in to the correct device, the 7941 in this case.

david

Thanks for the answer. I already checked this. The configuration of 7941 is exactly the same as the IP Communicator. For the other, I'm prety sure that I logging in the correct device, since I'm trying it by my self.

Where does the ICM script fail?

david

I created a very simple script in ICM, using one LAA node and one Skill Group, without queing. When an agent with IP Communicators are logged in, everything works. When, even one agent with 7941 logged in, the calls goes through the LAA node and goes to the Skill Group, but never reach the agent's phone and then the caller gets busy signal.

Check that you have a device target for the 7941.

david

I've checked this and I created this from the begining.

The JTAPI user controls that device you are trying to reach? Go to the CCM Admin Page, desassociate and associate the Device to the JTAPI user. Also make sure that the user have the CTI enabled on the Callmanager Admin Page.

if you can share your script may be help it further.

do you get the ACD login screen under services for agent loging (sorry to ask if its too basic)

Thanks,

Baseer.

Hi,

I checked everything. All the devices are CTI enabled, none is primary extension number in the jtapi user and all of them are associated with the PG user into the CCM Application Users.

I realised that there are some specific devices that are not working independently of the device that are associated. What I mean is that, I had an IP Communicator with extension 94524 and was working properly. I had a 7941 with extension 94553 which was not working. I mean that when this phone was logging into the agent desktop everything was going wrong. What I tried was to change the extensions between each other. So, the IP Communicator had the extension 94553 and the 7941 the extension 94524. The result was that with the 7941 everything was working properly and with the IP Communicator everything was wrong. Of course I checked the device targets and both look the same.

check the codec. the 7941 is using g.722 and the IPcom is using g.711

The latest is indeed the source of the issue:

starting with CUCM 5.1, there is an Enterprise Parameter 'Advertise G.722 Codec', default to Enabled. This setting affects 7941, 7961, 7971, 7970 phones.

You need to disable it to run with G711 or set the phone in a G711 region.

Regards,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: