cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hlog "button not active here" in CCME

redray8
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured phones in a hunt group and the ephone-template so the Hlog key is available. However on one phone that is part of the hunt group when you press the Hlog key it says: "This key is not active here". I have verified it is in the hunt group configuration and have been told that it rings in the correct spot when the hunt pilot is dialed. Does anyone know why this message would come up?

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is that ephone-dn shared or monitored on some other ephone?

If so, that is the expected behavior. If you need a DN that does hunt-group with hlog button, to be shared or monitored, please configure separate DNs for that.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thanks for the reply. the DN is not shared or monitored. any other ideas?

telephony-service

hunt-group logout HLog

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

that is already configured. other phones in the hunt group can log out successfully, it seems to be limited to this one phone, and I can't see any configuration differences (aside from the DN etc).

Pls check output of show ephone. You might be monitoring the DN without knowing that.

i did, it is not monitored ther eis only the mwi. there is one thing that i have found, and please tell me if this is significant:

all phones where Hlog work are not dual-line DNs, but the one phone where it does not is a dual-line DN. do you know if this may be the cause? Is there a problem with dual-line DNs and hunt groups or HLog in general?

No issue with dual-line and ephone-hunt. In fact, in most cases you need dual line, to be able to do consultive transfers to other people.

Which exact phone FW do you have on that phone ?

SCCP41.8-0-4SR2S.loads

It should be SCCP 8.x on CME 4.0.3

FW should be fine.

I can't find in the doc anything against having single-line and dual-line in the same router, yet I would give a try making it single-line as well. After that only a very patient looking at the whole config could reveal something.

I had the same problem and resolved it by deleting the affected ephone-dn and recreated it.

Try

conf t

telephony-service

no cnf-file

create cnf-files

and restart the phone. That worked for me when I had the same issue.

Sorry about that it's

conf t

telephony-service

no create cnf-file

create cnf-files

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: