Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express Prompts not playing

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have setup a CRS cluster using IPCC Express 4.(0)4Build 140

I created my propmts which I did put in the prompt directory of the crs editor.

However when I dial into the CTI route point, The prompts wont play. All I hear is "hello are you still there".

I used windows sound recored to record the prompts and I inseretd them as wave callmanager audio source files so as to have them converted to right format. I then pulled them of my callmanager server and put them in the prompts directory.

any ideas?

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi,

you have to upload your prompts using Prompt Management!

Regards,

Stephane

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

I take it the prompt names match exactly what's labeled in the aef script (case sensitive)? If so, you might want to try recording the prompts through Unity if you have it. That puts it in the right format automatically -easier that way. Also, try running the reactive debugging in script editor to see if it splits out errors when you call into that script. that might tell you something...

Did you recorded your files in the cisco supported format.

format: CCIT ulaw 8 bit mono

good luck

and please rate helpful posts,.

Patrik Englund
Level 1
Level 1

I would have checked the MIVR log files where you will find the prompt errors for sure and there you will se if they are located in the wrong library etc.

Also run debug on the crs script when dialing in to check the steps.

hi,

you have to upload your prompts using Prompt Management!

Regards,

Stephane

You need to upload the prompts to be sure they are NOT deleted if rebooting the server. There is no problem having the prompts in the Prompt directory without uploading them. I have for ie. a Incident Prompt Recording script where it saves the recorde prompts on both my IVR's and these files plays perfectly without having them uploaded.

One issue that i found out yesterday on IVR5 is that when i used child directories ie. en_GB\Test\ then i had to point out the Test\ library in a variable, The prompt would not be available if not doing so.

You could try to use a String variable instead of Prompt variable. If you are using the default library in wfavvid\Prompts then the String variable should just say

Type : String

Name : PromptPlay1

"Name of the prompt.wav" and then use the Media step to add a Play Prompt to the script and choose to play PromptPlay1.

I did this just before I saw this post.

Nevertheless, I give you solid 5 point for this.

Thank you.

Can you please tell me how the reactive debugging works.

Thanks

in the Script Editor, use Debug/Reactive Script.

The type your script name (case sensitive, and don't forget the .aef extension).

The wait time means that you have this delay to dial your route point that trigger your script.

Thanks.