Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Group and VG248

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

I have a VG248 and CCM 5.1. The VG is going to be used just for Fax & Modems. VG is configured and all 48 ports are registered with CCM. I can make and receive calls using an analog phone. I am trying to great a Route group and route list just for VG ports in order to avoid to dial the FAC for the long distance faxes but I can't find the VG ports in the available devices in the route group. Am I missing anything? How can I regroup together all VG's ports in a route group? Also, is there anything that I have to consider to make Faxes and modems to work with VG248?

Thanks,

MK

10 Replies 10

bbeck
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you can put VG ports into a RG. They are more like phone devices with their own DN.

The way the CCM is configured now is all users need to dial FAC for long distance calls but we don't want people dial FAC to send long distance faxes. How can I do this?

Thanks,

MK

Anybody can help? Please

Route groups and route lists are for outbound calls.

FAC is applied at the route pattern level.

You need to create a new partition.

Then create a new route pattern - do not enable FAC on this. But it can still point to the same outbound route list as the other pattern.

Then create a calling search space that includes this partition.

Apply the calling search space to the VG224 device.

Cheers,

Tim.

Thanks Otim :-)

One more question.

Customer doesn't want to dial 9 for the faxes. I created a route pattern ([2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX) and assigned it to the appropriate Partition. The problem is we have delay with our internal 4 digits dialing. How can I deal with this issue. The customer doen't accept to dial 9 for faxes. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

Thats a bit trickier.

You are hitting the interdigit timeout. This is the T302 timer in CallManager service parameters.

Default it is set to 12 seconds. You can lower it. I find 5 seconds works ok at most sites.

The only other thing you can do is check your PSTN route plan, and make your route patterns as specific as possible. Depends where you are based, this may help but it depends on your extension ranges and the PSTN.

Most customers should accept the 9 - its standard pracice - even the PSTN uses access codes! If not then you can lower the T302 timer if you havent done this already. It doesnt fix it completely but it does make it less noticeable.

Only other option is maybe your fax can be programmed to add the 9 to access an outside line?

Cheers,

Tim.

Thanks Tim,

I did this last firday but they don't seem to like waitting 5 seconds. I am trying to convince them to deal with 9.

Thanks,

MK

I sorry, can you help an old man out?

What is FAC????

Hi Phillip,

From one old guy to another :)

FAC = Forced Authorization Codes

You can set up an individual Authorization Code for individuals (FAC) that prevents Toll calls unless the PIN is entered.Have a look;

You can use FAC for colleges, universities, or any business or organization when limiting access to specific classes of calls proves beneficial. Likewise, when you assign unique authorization codes, you can determine which users placed calls. For each user, you specify an authorization code, then enable FAC for relevant route patterns by selecting the appropriate check box and specifying the minimum authorization level for calls through that route pattern. After you update the route patterns in Cisco CallManager Administration, update your dial plan documents to define the FAC-enabled route patterns and configured authorization level.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3af7.html#wp1052254

Adding Forced Authorization Codes

After you design your FAC implementation, you enter authorization codes either in Cisco CallManager Administration or through the Cisco Bulk Administration Tool (BAT). Consider using BAT for large batches of authorization codes; the comma separated values (CSV) file in BAT serves as a blueprint for authorization codes, corresponding names, and corresponding levels. For future reference, make sure that you update your dial plan documents or keep a printout of the CSV file with your dial plan documents.

To add a small number of authorization codes in Cisco CallManager Administration, perform the following steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco CallManager Administration, choose Feature > Forced Authorization Code.

Step 2 In the upper, right corner of the window, click the link, Add a New Forced Authorization Code.

Step 3 Configure the authorization codes by using the configuration settings.

Step 4 Click Insert.

Step 5 Repeat Step 2 through Step 4 to add all authorization codes.

Step 6 After you add all authorization codes, see the "Enabling Forced Authorization Codes for Route Patterns" section.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3af7.html#wp1045196

Hope this helps!

Rob