cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE box will not boot

jms112080
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAE 600 series box that I can't get to boot. It comes up to "F1 for configuration/F12 for boot menu". Neither option goes anywhere and it has an orange "system error" light on the front panel. I've reseated the flash card and memory, no luck. Any ideas? Or do I have a paperweight?

4 Replies 4

pknoops
Level 3
Level 3

The WAE 600 series is a fairly newer box. What software was/is running on it. It can run ACNS, WAAS AND WAFS ? Based on that answer, you can build a boot CD and try doing a recovery with the CD.

For ACNS, the recovery cd instructions are here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/acns55-3des

Regards

Pete..

It was running ACNS, I tried the rescue image, it won't boot to the CD. When it powers on cd light comes on briefly then back off, the system error light comes on.

The only other thing I would recommend is connecting a keyboard and monitor to the device and see if anything comes up there. Part of the boot process of the WAE occurs first in the keyboard and monitor (like a PC) prior to moving to the console itself showing the rest of the boot process. If there is nothing else there, then a replacement is needed.

Pete..

b-beavers
Level 1
Level 1

I had a WAE box with an amber light and TAC said it was dead. They shipped me new hard drive for it. I am still testing it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: