VPN Client Issue

Unanswered Question

Using Cisco 3005 and Cisco VPN client. Get connected with the group authentication and am given an IP address however, I can't access a web server at this site, nor can I ping anything on this network. I know it has something to do with XP or Symantec Internet Security but, I was hoping you may have some advice on where to look. Program Control for the Cisco VPN Client is set to allow.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Danilo Dy Sat, 03/01/2008 - 03:34

Disable Symantec Internet Security for a while and try initiating the VPN connection again. Test the WEB and PING, if its okay you need to manually create a policy to allow the Cisco VPN Client program located in C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe

Tried all that and still had the issue. What I found out was that when I brought the machine inside our network from the remote location I noticed that the onboard nic had a green connection but the activity indicator was orange/red rather than amber. So, I installed a pci nic and was able to ping and access the internal web server via the vpn connection. Not sure if it is a hardware issue or if something is hosing up the onboard nic but, users are connected and as happy as can be expected. Thanks for the response.

This Discussion