Views
Helpful
Replies

Credit card pos connection to VG224

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible 2 connect credit card pos to vg224(with mgcp) to go thru one of the e1 channels????

6 Replies 6

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, evrybudy!!!

I am still waiting for an ans,, any1 ready to help!!!!!!!!!!! much appreciated in this concern

Steellllllllll0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It will work fine although some machines speed settings will need to be tweaked a bit.

Regardless of speed settings,

when i connect any analog phone or fax maxhine on that vg port it works f9.but when i connect credit card pos it says "No Carrier" on pos screen.

chrispducky
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have answer to this would appreciate if you can share the solution if any? We have similar problem. It worked intermittently which makes it really frustrating.

Our setup is

SIP GW-----CUBE---MGCP---CUCM-----SCCP----VG224----Credit Card POS

IOS version Version 15.1(3)T for the VG224

Fax/Phone calls etc works fine on the ports but somehow Credit Card POS is giving issue.

voice service voip

fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

voice-card 0

stcapp ccm-group 1

stcapp

stcapp supplementary-services

port 2/0

fallback-dn 12345

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

sccp local BVI1

sccp ccm 10.1.1.1 identifier 5 version 7.0

sccp ccm 10.1.1.2 identifier 4 version 7.0

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 4 priority 1

associate ccm 5 priority 2

voice-port 2/0

timeouts ringing infinity

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 1 pot

service stcapp

port 2/0

Is there any special settings that need to be done for Credit Card POS?

kind regards,

Patrick      

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Credit Card machines do work through ATAs and VG224s. The machines sometimes only run at a fixed modem speed and refuse to downspeed (I've only seen modems across VoIP go to about 28.8 Kb/s) So if they're hard-coded to run at, say, V90 or even V92, then you're stuffed. When they do downspeed, they're not always great at it. In my experience, embedded modems are generally rather poor quality. If you can force the speed (19.2Kb/s is usually a good speed) then that can help.

Putting fax & modems across SIP tunks over the Internet adds even more complexity to the mix.

Also, I've come across a lot of credit card companys who refuse to support machines running across VoIP phone systems. Either they claim they don't work or that they are less secure than traditional phone systems. In the extreme, they'll cut off service until you put the machine on a traditional PSTN analogue line.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks for that response Gordon, might check on that. This is what I tried so far but not much joy.

1. Disable noise generation

2. Disable VAD

3. Set codet to G711 a-law (outside of US)

config t

voice-port 2/0

no vad

no comfort-noise

compand-type a-law

I got those settings suggestion from a basic deployment guide of credit card machine.

It did mention about reducing the speed as you mentioned, namely set the baud rate to 9.6Kbps and to disable ECM in the Terminal POS. Will try contact the bank support and see if they can help set that or send their technician to set it.

regards

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: