cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call going straight to voicemail

dnazefg20
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM 4.3 and Unity v4. We have a DID (602-222-2495) that callers call to get an automated message asking the person to press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish. When the caller hits 1 for English it goes straight to the user's voicemail (ext. 2500 in CM and Unity). When 2 is selected it does what we would like the English line to do and that is ring 3-4 times to let the user have a chance to pick up the phone and if there is no answer then go to the spanish voicemail (2501 in CM and unity). In Unity the 2501 account does not have any call handlers...2500 has two...both pointing to dummy extensions (2495 & 2272) in CM to allow the voicemail part of the process to work, I believe. I'm not cisco certified, so I'm not sure if call handlers might be causing the problem b/c the calls are at least going to the appropriate voicemail box when option 1 or 2 is selected. We just want option 1 to ring 3-4 times before it goes to voicemail.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated and if anymore info. is needed please let me know. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob, what about caller input on the call handler? He could just let caller-input 1 be attempt transfer to subscriber, and then if they are unavailable go to to VM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Elliott,

I would start by having a close look at the differences between the Transfer Settings for 2500 and 2501. It is likely that 2495 and 2272 may have been setup to add some sort of Script message to be played to English callers before the final transfer to 2500. If you do not need this and just want to Press 1 and the Ring 2500, try this;

On the specified Call Handler go to the Call Transfer settings, and set the extension you want to transfer to (2500) in the "Yes, ring subscriber at this number" box.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, what about caller input on the call handler? He could just let caller-input 1 be attempt transfer to subscriber, and then if they are unavailable go to to VM.

Hi Matt,

You are most correct :) That's kind of what I was trying to say, I just can't get my thoughts across sometimes! It's likely that the 2 Dummy Call Hnadlers are not needed and that the Press 1 can just be Locked to transfer to 2500. Exactly :) 5 points for writing this in a more consise way.

Take care and thanks,

Rob

That did it...the caller input 1 for the 2495 call handler was set to transfer directly to the user's greeting instead of "attempting to transfer..." I can't believe I didn't catch that. When I call and hit 1 for english it finally rings, it doesn't go to voicemail, but I know where to fix that in CM. Thank you very much for the assistance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: