Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX SQL server authentication

markotisler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

currently, the authentication is set on "Windows only" for SQL server on IPCC machine. Can i set it to "SQL Server and Windows"?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jtesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For UCCX 4.x, the authentication mechanism changed to Windows Only. It is unsupported to make any changes to this, as external SQL connections to db_cra can cause CPU spikes/increased CPU.

-jt

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can enable mixed authentication, it's unsupported but works fine. Other way is to create one user on IPCC's MSDE and second with the same name and password on client computer. You can use this user to connect to IPCC database using Win Auth without enabling mixed mode.

--

regards,

PK

The mixed setting seems to be working fine, but there is one problem however. The Cisco Historical Reporting program can not connect to the database when mixed auth is set.

Regards,

Marko

You're right

I've the same pb with mixed mode and test it with multiple version of UCCX (4,5, ..)

I don't find workaround

Perhaps you can try to create a same windows user account on the 2 server and use this account for windows sql process but not sure it will work (no time for testing)

Remy (France)

Yes, that is the other solution and it usually works fine. However, i am using an application written in java and it uses MS jdbc driver, which does not support Windows Auth (SQL name and password only), so this is not an option in my case.

Regards,

Marko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: