cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H-VPLS

rucus
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working with a service provider that wishes to deploy H-VPLS. They have a 7600 at the head end with an ES20 in it. The PE routers are 3750-metro series switches. I know these devices are suppose to support H-VPLS. All configuration examples show xconnecting a single port to the VFI on the 7600. Is it possible to xconnect the SVI (Vlan interface), to the VFI on the 7600. That was you wouldnt have to have a pseudowire for every port on every 3750 that would participate in the VPLS.

1 Reply 1

jayjorda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, yoiu can configure the xconnect under the SVI on the ME3750 and therefore have multiple L2 ports associated with that VLAN on the ME3750.

Look at the URL below and you will see in the directions for configuring EoMPLS that you can specify the xconnect under the SVI.

The example they give uses the mpls transport command, which is the older command. Xconnect is the newer syntax.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/catalyst3750m/software/release/12.2_25_seg_seg1/configuration/guide/swmpls.html