cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity fails to start after a reboot

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've juts installed Unity 5.0 in VMO environment, where a pair of Unity servers are DC/GC, whenever I reboot a server Unity fails to start, however manual start works just fine and all appears to be fine. I am repeatedly seeing the following error in the event viewer:

Source: CiscoUnity_AvRdbSvr

Event ID: 21000

Failed connecting to underlying database using: provider=SQLOLEDB;driver={SQL Server};Data Source=HQDCUNTYPRI1;Initial Catalog=UnityDb;uid=Administrator;pwd=<?}: 80004005

SQL Server starts just fine, I can connect to UnityDB, I am thinking this may be due to a some domain policy.

Has anyone encountered this?

Chris

5 Replies 5

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

i never faced this with Unity, but with CCM.

i donno why this is happening, but as a workaround you can go the unity services and select the recorvery action (restart the service after 3 min)

Good luck

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Question: VMO voice mail only? cause VMO stands for Viewmail for Outlook.

So how is it set up? Need more information.

rlp

Hi -

Error code 80004005 is typically a permissions related issue, although I don't know why it is occuring in your situation. Have you checked BugTrac on Cisco or called TAC on this yet>

Ginger

I've got it resolved by changing the Unity gateway service set to recover on second and third time.

P.S. VMO stands for VoiceMail Only as oppose to UM - Unified Messaging.

Chris

Glad you got it fixed. (really)

VMO is a tool in UM so it cannot be an acronym (as apposed) to UM.

I just am clearing this up not wanting to get in a contest about it.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: