Views
Helpful
Replies

Call recording and NIC teaming

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience with implementing call recording and NIC teaming on a CRS 5.0 system? TAC mentioned today that it is not supported. I am planning on implementing desktop-side recording for a CRS system I've inherited, wondering if this is practical.

-Shikamaru

8 Replies 8

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

NIC Teaming is not supported and will cause issue on the overall system availability specially if you have a HA solution.

I would not consider it a feasible solution at all, specially since it will not get any support once the Teaming is mentioned.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks, Ricardo. Would you happen to know what this process would be if I were to break the team, apply a new license to the new primary NICs MAC address? Is a reinstall of IPCCx necessary?

-Shikamaru

Hi,

CRS documentation specifies that teaming is not supported. I have seen recording work fine with Supervisor desktop. I read somewhere in Cisco documentation that not all desktop NICs support recording. You may need to check on that part as well.Is that what you are looking for?

Yes, pretty much. I figure that the recording will probably work okay with teaming, just that Cisco won't support the configuration.

Now I need to find a qualifying NIC.

-Shikamaru

No need for a new install, you will just need to provide the new IPAddress of the Network card which could even be the same previously used in teaming to enable it.

As the next post suggested please make sure you purchase a NIC capable of 802.1q marking.

Please remember to rate useful posts.

Regards,

Riccardo

Ricardo,

What about the license? Doesn't it rely on the MAC address of the NIC?

-Shikamaru

Hi again,

not sure what you mean, your license is per server and service not down to a specific NIC interface, that is way I was recommending reconfiguring the system to use the other NIC card.

You might have to manually modify the NIC in the registry, but that has nothing to do with the software license in se.

Regards,

Riccardo

Contact Center licensing is not limited to the MAC of the server like CM or Unity. You shouldn't have a problem with removing the team and assigning the IP address to one of the NICs once the team is broken.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: