Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup feature issue

Hi all,

i configured a group of users in the same pickup group, by default if any phone in the group rings any other phone in the same group can pick the call.

My question is: if two calls ring in the same time in the same pickup group, is there any facility to enable a third user in the same pickup group to selectivily pick the desired call? not the one rings first?

Please advise.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

The only way to acheive this functionality is to configure each user in their own Pickup Group and then use the Group Call Pickup Softkey. Have a look;

Group call pickup-Allows users to pick up incoming calls in another group. User must dial the appropriate call pickup group number when activating this feature from a Cisco Unified IP Phone. Use the softkey, GPickUp, for this type of call pickup

You can automate call pickup, group pickup, and other group pickup by enabling the service parameter Auto Call Pickup Enabled.

Auto group call pickup connects users to an incoming call in another pickup group. The user presses the GPickUp softkey on the phone, then dials the DN of that other pickup group. Upon receiving the DN, Cisco Unified CallManager completes the call connection. If auto group call pickup is not enabled, the user must press the GPickUp softkey, dial the DN of another pickup group, and answer the call to make the connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wp1023400

In all other Pickup configs the Call that has been ringing the longest is picked up first.

Hope this helps!

Rob

just as a side note to the great info Rob provided it seems our newest CUCM release will have that capability implemented

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i already have CM 6 in this site, so is it possible with CM 6 to do selective pickup?

sorry, maybe i put it the wrong way. CUCM 7 will have this, no previous version has it

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: