Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-2 Solutions

cgarcia1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

This is my very first time to install and implement the NAM-2 in one of the Customer site which they have a huge network, composed Wired and Wireless Networks.I need to install 4 NAM in the 4 Distributions Switch and 2 NAM in the 2-Core Switch. I read all trhough the manuals of the NAM also the SPAN and RSPAN configurations, the direction of the traffic as well.In this case since the Customers have some critical Network Infrastructure, I dont want to missed up with the things. One of the Distribution Switch was handling a 31 Remote Access Switch,From the Remote Access Switch there are a LWAPP and Autonomous Access Points connected to it. I want to monitor all the characteristics of the end users that are connecting to the Access Switch and the Access Points.What is the best practice configuration should I implement, What are the most basic things to monitor. I know that it will take much bandwitdh of the uplinks.First thing to let all know that I configure already 1 NAM module in one of the Distribution switch,From configuration of the NAM module itself, from integrating of the NAM to the Supervisory Engine. Everything was done,I can ping the NAM IP address, I can access the NAM through the Web Browser. Only that my SPAN and RSPAN config was confusing. Do I need to create RSPAN vlan on all remote switches and the Distribution Switches. Do i have to consider the direction of the traffic for the monitor sessions source ports in the Remote Switch.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Need somebody's expertise on this matter

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Please go through this guide. Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Network Analysis Module (NAM-1/NAM-2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/ps5025/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: