Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC not able to login: Unknown Login Failure

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured the CUPS and when I go to the troubleshooter its all green for the integration and I did the LDAP integration and followed the three documents: Installation, Administration & Deployment Guide, but now when I try to login with the CUPC, it gives me this error: Unknown Login Failure

What is the problem? and how to solve it ASAP.

Regards,

Fady

9 Replies 9

levinsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fady,

Are you users in AD? If so do you have them sitting under a hierarchical structure (i.e. multiple OUs)? We had to change the LDAP integration port to be the Global Catalog server port (3268) because the GC supports wider LDAP searches.

Ken.

I tried this one but still I am not able to login form the CUPC. :/

even though all the result of the troubleshooter is correct.

I hope I get an answer on this.

Regards,

Fady

Fady, i am having the same exact issue! I have followed the guides but the cupc health shows invalid cerdentials

Hi,

You've probably done this already, but just to check: are your users enabled for the use of UPS and UPC in your CUCM?

Can you find them in the CUPS-webpage under System --> Status?

Have you configured them under Application --> Cisco Unified Personal Communicator --> User Settings?

Angelique

Hi,

I have tested all these, it is all fine but still can not connect using the CUPC. :/

Ok fady, this worked for me: Frist check if to make sure this is not your problem:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbf9dba/2#selected_message

This was broke for me. After i fixed this The CUPSC still would not connect so I went over to check my incoming ACL. I was using wild cards like this *.*.*.* to accept all connections. I was told that I should change it to just the word ALL in all caps then BANG! it worked! Good luck

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

I have the same issue with a new CUPS installation (I already installed 2 other ones). In the CUPC problem report, I can see that the CUPC can't connect to SOAP server. however, connectivity is OK, and troubleshooter also.

still no solution

Hi jcani,

I have had the same problem (2 previous CUPS installations succesful), but for a new one the SOAP server connect error in the CUPC report.

Troubleshooter and connectivity ok. In my case, I noticed the an error in the RTMT: ClusterManagerAlarmCatalog, Name CLM_UnrecognizedHost. The problem was a misspelling in the Publisher hostname (CCM1 instead of CM1) during the CUPS installation (but the installation process do not show any error!!!).

So, I installed the CUPS again with the right Publisher hostname and the SOAP issue was fixed automatically.

I hope it helps,

Francesc

Hi every body,

I have the same error message. I did all mentined steps. Including the reinstall, but the status is the same.

Have you any other tip to apply an solve this mattter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: