Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove a frame relay mapping to ip address 0.0.0.0

plgingembre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I took the CCIE R&S exam a few days ago and a question was to statically define frame relay mapping between two routers.

The problem was that there was multiple maps to ip 0.0.0.0 on a Serial interface and I didn't know how to remove its. Of course, to have the points for that question, you were supposed to remove those mappings...

If anyone knows from where it comes and what is the way to remove it.

Regards,

--

Pierre-Louis Gingembre

5 Replies 5

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Bonjour Pierre

I am just curious as to whether you tried the command "no frame map ip 0.0.0.0" and if so did this not work?

I am studying for my CCNP at present so the frame relay configurations I have worked with may not be as complex as that for CCIE. But that is how I would have attempted to remove these frame map statements.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hello Michael,

As you can imagine, that was the first thing I have tried to do, but the result was : %no frame relay maps for 0.0.0.0.

Thanks for your reply.

--

Pierre-Louis

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Issue

no frame-relay inverse-arp on the serial interface and reboot the router.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hello HTH,

Thanks for your answer...

I'll try this as soon as possible.

--

Pierre-Louis

hi,

since there do not have only one router are connected via frame-relay switch, maybe "no frame-relay inverse-arp & no arp frame-relay" are needed.

regards

dongdong

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card