cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Path of Backup ISP Link in Pix Firewall

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have one cisco router and there are two different ISP links is configured on router interface e0 and e1, and s1 serial port is directly connected with outside interface of pix firewall.

Router Configuration

Ip address e0 125.19.43.1/24 (Public Range)

Ip address e1 192.168.10.1/24 (Public Range)

Ip address s1 10.0.0.1/24 (Private Ip)

Fireall Config

Inside Network 172.16.0.1/24

Outside Interface 10.0.0.2/24

Now my question is, which of the commands we need to set on router to pass the traffic and fireall. I want my both links to be alive and when anyone link get down then traffic by default go from the other link and what would be Nat command cenario on router and firewall. Please send me full configuration, if possible.

5 Replies 5

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help me???

Do you want load balancing as well or just a failover link?

Want Load Balancing and know the configuration.

Can anyone response

alanajjar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Take alook on this example, I think it will help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080950834.shtml

This example explain how to configure policy-based routing in the router. for NATing from the firewall to the router, you can let the traffic pass through the firewal without NATing, and let the router to do NATing, or you can NAT all internal addresses to the outside interface of the firewall.

To remove the need of NATing through the firewall, use the command :

no ip nat-control

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: