cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.1 SE - Spaces After Hostname

rodmunch999
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem where the some of the device hostnames configured in our ACS have a space after the hostname. This prevents the device from being edited or deleted. Although the device shows in the device listing when I try to edit it I get the message "Failed to edit Router123. Reason: The Host no longer exists"

If I download the csv device listing into excel it shows there is a " " after the hostname.

I think I have found this bug in CSCsf98129 but it says that there is "Workaround: None. Database must be manually edited by ACS DE"

I assume this means an ACS Database Editor that will edit a backed up dmp file where I can remove the space from the hostname and restore it to the ACS. Has anyone tried this and which editor should I use?

Many Thanks

Hardware Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine Release 4.1(1) Build 23 Patch 5

3 Replies 3

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

Backup the registry

- shut the services through acs (CSADMIN etc)

- remove the hosts in the registry

- restart system

- restart acs and services.

Thanks for thr reply but this is an ACS Solution Engine not and ACS Windows server. So I do not think that the registry can be directly edited. I can export the registry to package.cab file using the support function but I don't see how I can edit and apply that exported registry.

rodmunch999
Level 1
Level 1

Replying to my own message as I logged a TAC Case with Cisco. The only way to fix this is to send the database backup to Cisco and they will manually remove the spaces.