Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster IP from Server

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,,

One Server is connected with 3750 switch as vlan 20. But server has been configured by clustering of x.x.x.67 & x.x.x.66 IP and cluster IP is x.x.x.68, when any request is going out from server its showing source ip either .67 or .66, but we want to show the cluster ip .68, all the traffic is going outside through 3750 switch which is connected to that server, is there any conf./rules i can set to the switch then the both ip .67 & .66 will show only .68 ip when the traffic will go out?? Please help me.

4 Replies 4

Hello

I assume you work with Microsoft Clusters? If this is the case this is caused by the way networking in MS Windows works. It always uses the primary ip on the adapter as source adres in an ip packet.

If you do an ipconfig on the active node you can see the .68 is configured as an secondary address.

Why do you wan't to do this. If you give us some more info we can think of another solution?

Gr,

Dennis

the Server is SUN.. we dont want to show the physical IP i.e. .66 & .67 to outside. from outside it will show the cluster ip i.e. .68,

i am NOT a Solaris expert but I do work with

Checkpoint ClusterXL load-sharing technology

so I can offer this advice:

eth0 of server_1 has an ip address of .66

eth0 of server_2 has an ip address of .67

Server_1 and Server_2 is clustered into a single

node with cluster ip of .68

Now, if you want the source traffic to be

sourcing as .68, in checkpoint ClusterXL

configuration, there is a configuration

that will let you do just that. This is

controlled by the software and/or OS. It

has nothing to do with networking on the

switch.

CCIE Security

thanks....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: