I have to ask some easy questions about Wireless WLC implementations.
I want to deply a WIFI network with 3 WLANS/VLANs + 1 wired-only VLAN for management purpouse. The access-point and the WLC should be connected to a non cisco layer 3 network.
1) the WLC shuold be connected to the network by a trunk, is the best choiche to configure a trunk with no active native vlan?
2) for each VLAN do I have to configure a Virtual interface on layer 3 switch? (why do I have to configure an address for each dinamic port on WLC)
3) in the management vlan am I forced to use DHCP to address the access-point or can I address them manually?
4) the access-point should be connected to a trunk port on the network (in this case do I have to use native vlan for the management vlan?) or does the access-point need to be connected on an access port? (in this case the vlan should be equal to the management vlan?)
5) do I mandatory need to address the wifi clients such as laptops by DHCP or can I address them manually?
last) for a complete workign solution without any optional service is it enough the WLC to optimally plan radio cell channels?
I thank you very much, I didn't clearly understand WLC working.