cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second RADIUS Authentication Servers to the Controller

meirelyahu
Level 1
Level 1

I;m Migrating from old radius server to a new one. I added the new server to the controller.

New users, that should be authorized to the new server can't auth ( i can see them trying to access the old server)

How can i forward the new user to the new server?

5 Replies 5

Make sure that after you ahve added the new AAA server to the controller that you change the order of the servers you are using under the WLAN properties.

If you are using a version higher than 4 will find it under the security tab in the WLAN you have selected.

Cheers

Mark

Please rate this post if you have found it usefull

Hi Mark,

Is it possible to users from the same WLAN log in to different AAA servers (not in the same domain) ?

No i dont think that you can. The AAA servers that you use for your clients are configured per WLAN.

Actually, you can. From:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.0/configuration/guide/c5sol.html#wp1389032

Under Step 16:

"Check the Network User check box to enable network user authentication (or accounting), or uncheck it to disable this feature. The default value is checked. If you enable this feature, this entry is considered the RADIUS authentication (or accounting) server for network users. If you did not configure a RADIUS server entry on the WLAN, you must enable this option for network users."

ok,

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card