Views
Helpful
Replies

Poweredge (Win 2003) port teaming problem with Cat 6509s

PDEdwards
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

One of our server guys has reported a problem with port teaming his Win 2003 Dell servers (running MS Exchange). He has set them up with an active port attached to 6509-A and a standby port attached to 6509-B. The servers have Broadcom NICs. At times the server is completely unavailable - unable to RDP or telnet and users have complained of poor performance.

Does anyone hae any experience - any info gratefully received.

Regards,

Paul

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

NIC teaming for Dell server with BroadCom NIC does not work. try this bug CSCsj55739

mslavin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not so sure CSCsj55739 is the issue. I have a few questions:

1) Can you post a text dump of the Broadcom team config (usually available from the teaming GUI).

2) Are both NICs connected to the same VLAN?

3) Is this same VLAN carried between 6509-A and 6509-B?

4) Have you tried removing the team and putting the team address on one physical NIC at a time, to see if simply one NIC or the other has a connection issue?

Hi

First of all i beleive you have configured load balanceing means active /active not active passive.

I beleive you should configure failover means active/Passive.

Secondly i beleive both of the ports have to be on same switch and same VLAN for best results

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: