Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Inventory and Discovery

sanyaolu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to you all,

Can someone direct me on how to create jobs to download/update the configs on the remote devices on a regular schedule ?

Also, I will like to create inventory reports on network devices, what is the simplest way to do this ? (Does Ciscoworks limit the number of devices you can discover also ?)

Ade

4 Replies 4

sanyaolu
Level 1
Level 1

ade

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To schedule periodic config collection, go to RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Collection Settings. The recommendation is to do config polling (looking for changes) nightly, and collection every week.

As soon as a device is added into RME, RME will perform an inventory collection. So inventory reports should be available almost immediately. To schedule periodic collection, go to RME > Admin > Inventory > System Job Schedule. A default schedule should already be setup for you for polling.

As for a limit, the short answer is yes, but it depends on your version and your license as to the actual device count limit.

Thanks JClarke, Very helpful. Where can i find device count limits differences among version ? I will find out about the license limit soon.

The installation guides for each version detail server requirements in terms of number of supported devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: