Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Inventory and Discovery

sanyaolu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to you all,

Can someone direct me on how to create jobs to download/update the configs on the remote devices on a regular schedule ?

Also, I will like to create inventory reports on network devices, what is the simplest way to do this ? (Does Ciscoworks limit the number of devices you can discover also ?)

Ade

4 Replies 4

sanyaolu
Level 1
Level 1

ade

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To schedule periodic config collection, go to RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Collection Settings. The recommendation is to do config polling (looking for changes) nightly, and collection every week.

As soon as a device is added into RME, RME will perform an inventory collection. So inventory reports should be available almost immediately. To schedule periodic collection, go to RME > Admin > Inventory > System Job Schedule. A default schedule should already be setup for you for polling.

As for a limit, the short answer is yes, but it depends on your version and your license as to the actual device count limit.

Thanks JClarke, Very helpful. Where can i find device count limits differences among version ? I will find out about the license limit soon.

The installation guides for each version detail server requirements in terms of number of supported devices.