cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP credentials

koksm
Level 1
Level 1

Today we upgraded the WLC and WCS software of our system to version 5 (latest). Unfortunately we are running into strange behaviour.

A specific problem are the AP credentials.

When we go to an AP directly via a controller we see that 'over-ride global ceredentials' is checked, and a strange username appears; ːëp

When we take a look at the same AP via the WCS, this option is not enabled.

When we try to uncheck the option via the WLC we get the error;

cannot delete globally configured AP.

We are not able to configure a global username/password for AP credentials. There is always some kind of error message.

Anyone experience with this and able to help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fielderj
Level 1
Level 1

TAC found my issue. You cannot have an @ symbol in your passwords. So where the documentation states you need at least 1 Uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 digit and 1 special charecter in your password...it forgot to mention that you can't use "@" as one of your special charecters.

If you're not using an "@" in your password try changing one of the other special charecters you're using to something else. There might be other undocumented special char's that it doesn't like.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

trevorwilson
Level 1
Level 1

We're running into the same issue... any help would be appreciated...

fielderj
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. When you try to set via controller cli or gui you get this error no matter how strong your password is:

"Use atleast three of the following four classes in the password: lowercase letters,

uppercase letters, digits or special characters"

And when you try to set from WCS you get "Error SNMP operation to device failed: Attempt to set conflicting attribute value"

I have opened TAC case 608361959 on this issue and will post the resolution once i have received one.

Jeremy

Great, thnx!!

fielderj
Level 1
Level 1

TAC found my issue. You cannot have an @ symbol in your passwords. So where the documentation states you need at least 1 Uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 digit and 1 special charecter in your password...it forgot to mention that you can't use "@" as one of your special charecters.

If you're not using an "@" in your password try changing one of the other special charecters you're using to something else. There might be other undocumented special char's that it doesn't like.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy

Finally got the chance to try this myself and indeed, problem solved.

Thnx!!

Make sure not to use the @ in your SSIDs either. This can cause a reset to factory defaults in the WLC after a reboot. It has to do with the new code being used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card