Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating the system time - CUCM 6.1

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM - 6.1

We've only got one publisher and one subscriber.

I've changed the system time on our publisher, but the subscriber doesn't appear to pick up the new time. I tried adding, deleting, reseting the NTP server setting on the subscriber (which is set to the publisher) but it won't let me do anything with it.

Is there a way to force the time to sync up so the time on our publisher is pushed to the subscriber and on to the phones?

(reseting the phones doesn't help either)

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

From what I understand, all settings are on the Pub only. Have you booted the Sub after setting the Pub NTP?

Can you try this method;

NTP Servers

Ensure that external NTP server is stratum 9 or higher (1-9). To add, delete, or modify an external NTP server, follow this procedure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can only configure the NTP server settings on the first node or publisher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 From the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration window, navigate to Settings>NTP Servers.

The NTP Server Settings window displays.

Step 2 You can add, delete, or modify an NTP server:

•To delete an NTP server, check the check box in front of the appropriate server and click Delete.

•To add an NTP server, click Add, enter the hostname or IP address, and then click Save.

•To modify an NTP server, click the IP address, modify the hostname or IP address, and then click Save.

Note Any change you make to the NTP servers can take up to five minutes to complete. Whenever you make any change to the NTP servers, you must refresh the window to display the correct status.

Step 3 To refresh the NTP Server Settings window and display the correct status, choose Settings>NTP.

Note After deleting, modifying, or adding NTP server, you must restart all the other nodes in the cluster for the changes to take affect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpch4.html#wp1042131

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey, thanks Rob. I seen that article already and I was really hoping there was another way to update the clock other than rebooting the entire server.

I am reading that correctly aren't I? I have to reset the server?

OR

Can I just use the System>Cicso UnifiedCM and just hit the Reset button there?

This is my subscriber though, which all the phones are registered to, I wonder if using the Reset button will unregister all the phones?

Hi Scott,

I agree, this is tough to swallow :( My understanding is that an actual restart/reboot of the Sub is required. Maybe you can schedule this for after hours.

Sorry man!

Rob

Ok...I'll do an after hours deal.

I'd really like to know what happens when I hit the Reset button under System>Cisco UnifiedCM - do you know if that'll reset all the services or just do kind of a "refresh" ?? I wish I had a test lab still!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: