cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.5 Reference measured at 2.59

nancyrawls
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting this alert in RME on a 6513 switch. Where can I increase this threshold in Ciscoworks to get rid of this alert?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The syslog messages deal with potential voltage problems on the device in question. This has nothing to do with CiscoWorks (i.e. RME is reporting what the device is telling it). You may have a bad power supply.

I know but the devices are fine so.... let me rephrase - How do you configure Ciscoworks to not monitor/manage this? (I was thinking it would be like an interface you don't want to manage - you go into detailed device view in DFM and set the parameter Managed State to false so Ciscoworks doesn't monitor it). Thanks.

You can add a filter for this message under RME > Tools > Syslog > Message Filters. Then those messages will be ignored by RME, and will not show up in the syslog reports.

Great. How long before the message should be filtered?

No new messages should be coming into the database. Messages that are already in the database will not be deleted.

For some reason the filter is not working. The exact message is:

Device Name Interface Timestamp Facility[-Sub-facility] Severity Mnemonic Description Details

1. xxxx xxxx Mar 05 2008 00:39:56 CI 4 ENVWARN 2.5 Reference measured at 2.59

The exact message filter is:

Facility Sub-facility Severity Mnemonic Description

1. * CI 4 ENVWARN *Reference Measure*

What's wrong? Thanks.

The facility is CI, the subfacility is *,the severity is 4, and the mnemonic is ENVWARN. Your description looks okay.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: