cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Patching is not available since the system is not running from an installed

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

I get the message in the conversation title when I enter the sh ver command "Patching is not available since the system is not running from an installed image. To install please use the "install file" command".

What should be done here?

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems you've downloaded and installed the Software Modularity version of that code.

Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_promotion0900aecd80312844.htm

For any questions you may have regarding that feature code.

HTH,

__

Edison.

I actually just installed this switch but it is possible that the previous owner downloaded and installed the software that you mentioned. How do I verify that he actually downloaded that software? Is there something that I need to do to either remove this from the sh ver output or complete the install? I used the "sh install run" but there were no output.

No verification is needed, you are running the Software Modularity code.

You can always go back to the regular code by downloading and installing, just like a typical upgrade.

I am a bit conrned because Solarwinds (monitor software) is showing the device using 92% of its memory. But, the show memory output has the following output:

System Memory: 524288K total, 252632K used, 271656K free, 1000K kernel reserved

Lowest(b) : 278147072

Solarwinds is not reporting that System Memory value. Solarwinds is reporting the CPU memory utilization.

show processes is what you are looking for: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/command/reference/cf_08.html#wp1017986

HTH,

__

Edison.

CPU utilization for five seconds: 4%; one minute: 4%; five minutes: 3%

I am baffled!!!

Not sure where SolarWinds is getting that information then, contacting their tech-support should be the next course of action.

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card