cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with campus manager and java

tinu.karki
Level 1
Level 1

When i try to load topology services, path analysis, STP analysis or any sub menu within campus manager the it just hangs while trying to load the java applet. The screen dump i took is of the progress bar which doesnt move at all. I am running the correct version of Java as other components within ciscoworks is fine. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Campus Manager does not work like RME. It uses CORBA in addition to HTTP. The first step will be to disable all proxying on the client to rule that out as the problem. Second, you must make sure that TCP ports 1683, 1684, and 8088 are open between the LMS server and the client (you should be able to telnet from the client to the server on each of these ports and get a connection; if you get a timeout, you have a firewall problem).

Finally, neither IE 7 or Firefox are supported with this version of CiscoWorks. You must use either IE 6 or Netscape.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager is this? What version of the Java Plug-in are you using? Is the LMS server multi-homed (i.e. how many IP addresses does it have)? What are your browser and plug-in proxy settings? Are there any firewalls or ACLs between your client and the LMS server?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply some more info:

Java details: Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.1_02

Using JRE version 1.4.1_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

Proxy details:

Proxy Configuration: Manual Configuration

Proxy: http=websweeper:80,https=websweeper:80,ftp=websweeper:80,gopher=websweeper:80

LMS Server has one IP address, i dont think it is a firewall issue as RME works fine, Java applet loads and i can get info on devices.

Campus manager version: Pls see attachment

It seems to be a java applet issue but only with campus manager not RME or any other components.

Further to this i am using IE 7, i have also tried to use it under Firefox and get the same problem.

Campus Manager does not work like RME. It uses CORBA in addition to HTTP. The first step will be to disable all proxying on the client to rule that out as the problem. Second, you must make sure that TCP ports 1683, 1684, and 8088 are open between the LMS server and the client (you should be able to telnet from the client to the server on each of these ports and get a connection; if you get a timeout, you have a firewall problem).

Finally, neither IE 7 or Firefox are supported with this version of CiscoWorks. You must use either IE 6 or Netscape.

Thanks for your help, the problem was actually because i was using IE7, unistalled all version of java and reinstalled IE6. Reinstalled the correct java versions that cisco recommend and everything is working fine now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco