cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP-3-AuthFail

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this error on my Cisco Catalyst 6509 Switches. I verified that the AniServer.properties values for 0, but for some reason it looks like they keep getting reverted back to 1 (UTGetSuspendedVlans and UTGetVlansOnDownPorts). Has anyone else faced this issue I am an admin on the CiscoWorks Server.

21 Replies 21

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of LMS?

I'm running LMS 3.0 but I do plan on upgrading to LMS 3.0.1 this weekend.

Then you need to check ut.properties to make sure these property values are correct.

The values I changed in the AniServer.properties are different in the UT.properties file. Should I change those values to 0 as well?

Do I need to send you my logs so you can see what I'm seeing?

Shutdown dmgtd, and change ut.properties to have the desired values. The UTGetSuspendedVlans property is also applicable to ANIServer.properties, so change it there as well. Then restart, perform a new Campus Data Collection, then a new UT acquisition. Does the authFail problem go away?

I will let you know later on today as I have to wait after-hours to perform any maintenance on the server per company policy.

I performed the actions on the server last night. I will notify my engineers to clear logs on the affected devices and see if the problem goes away.

It seems as though I'm still showing those errors is there anything else I need to check?

The first step would be to get a sniffer trace of the polling to see exactly which community string is triggering the authFail problem. If it's VLAN-related, the objects in the trace will tell us if it's UT or Data Collection. The next steps will depend on what is found in the trace.

This can be done in CiscoWorks correct via the device center packet capture feature. Do I run the Data Collection in Campus Manager and run the packet capture against it?

Yes, the packet capture can be run using the Packet Capture tool in Device Center. You should run a Data Collection, and correlate the authFail message timestamps to packets in the trace. The same method should be done for UT.

Got it....will do.

Just a quick follow up....i ran packet trace against the data collection and no errors were found. However my UT acquisition has been running for like a full day now...is there any way to stop it?

You can pdterm UTMajorAcquisition, and that will stop UT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco