Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Speed Dial not working

mamkreutz01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have an CME4.1 on IOS 12.4.15T3. Following the Admin guide i configured the BLF speed-dial configuration. I have an 7961 with 2 7914 expansion modules. All the other phones are 7911G. I can do what i want but the 7911G phones do not subscribe to the presence service. Included is the script of the customer. Maybe somebody has an idea ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Maarten,

This old method for BLF/DSS will do everything you want to do;

Here is what you should try :)

Monitor-Line Button for Speed Dial

For Cisco CME 3.2 and later versions, a monitor-line button can be used to speed-dial the monitor line's number. A monitor line is a line that is shared by two people. Only one person can make and receive calls on the shared line at a time, while the other person, whose line is in monitor mode, is able to see that the line is in use. Speed dialing is available when monitor lines' lamps are off, indicating that the line is not in use. For example, an assistant who wants to talk with a manager can press an unlit monitor-line button to speed-dial the manager's number.

A monitor-line lamp is off or unlit only when its line is in the idle call state. The idle state occurs before a call is made and after a call is completed. For all other call states, the monitor-line lamp is on or lit.

The following example shows a monitor-line configuration. Extension 2311 is the manager's line, and ephone 1 is the manager's phone. The manager's assistant monitors extension 2311 on button 2 of ephone 2. When the manager is on the line, the lamp is lit on the assistant's phone. If the lamp is not lit, the assistant can speed-dial the manager by pressing button 2.

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

button 1:11

ephone 2

button 1:22 2m11

No additional configuration is required to enable a phone user to speed dial the number of a monitored shared line, when the monitored line is in an idle call state.

DSS (Direct Station Select) Service

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions, the DSS (Direct Station Select) Service feature allows the phone user to press a single speed-dial line button to transfer an incoming call when the call is in the connected state. This feature is supported on all phones on which monitor line buttons for speed dial or speed-dial line buttons are configured.

When the DSS service is enabled, the system automatically generates a simulated transfer key event when needed, eliminating the requirement for the phone user to press the Transfer button.

Disabling the service changes the behavior of the speed-dial line button on all IP phones so that a user pressing a speed-dial button in the middle of a connected call will play out the speed-dial digits into the call without transferring the call. When DSS service is disabled, the phone user must first press Transfer and then press the monitor or speed-dial line button to transfer the incoming call.

SCCP: Enabling DSS Service

To enable DSS Service for all on all SCCP phones on which monitor line buttons for speed dial or speed-dial line buttons are configured, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) or a later version.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. telephony-service

4. service dss

5. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1035362

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure, what is the expectation that the presence service does ?

Following the admin guide the phones should register to the presence service and after that they can be used in the blf-speed-dial command at the 7961G phone. At the moment when i put in these commands like,

blf-speed-dial 3 222 label "Test user"

This is not shown at the 7961G phone. When i look at sh presence subscription there are no subscriptions. Looking at the admin guide there should be the phones.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maarten,

I think that the config was removed because there was too much private info that had not been sanitized. I did get to look at it for just a few minutes and I think there was some incomplete config.

I didn't see for example;

presence

server 11.1.1.4

sccp blf-speed-dial retry-interval 70 limit 20

presence call-list

max-subscription 128

watcher all

allow subscribe

From this excellent doc;

Configuring Presence Service

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html#wp1010423

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi rob,

Yeah i realised that after putting it online. Look below at the presence configuration:

presence

sccp blf-speed-dial retry-interval 70 limit 20

presence call-list

server 10.10.10.4

max-subscription 128

watcher all

allow subscribe

!

sip-ua

presence enable

And at the ephone-dn i have put in:

Allow watch

Maybe somemore ideas ?

One thing I don't understand, how the system detects one's presence ? And what the blf speed- dial do or don't, depending on what ?

With blf-speed-dial one can see of the caller is busy or at do not disturb or is available. This is advertised with lights red,yellow,green. I will accompany the script with it so one can have a look at it.

Hi Paolo,

Just a little twist on the standard DSS/BLF;

Watch Mode for Phones

In Cisco Unified CME 4.1 and later versions, a line button that is configured for Watch mode on one phone provides Busy Lamp Field (BLF) notification for all lines on another phone (watched phone) for which the watched directory number is the primary line. Watch mode allows a phone user, such as a receptionist, to visually monitor the in-use status of an individual phone. The line and line button on the watching phone are available in watch mode for visual status only. Calls cannot be made or received using a line button that has been set in watch mode. Incoming calls on a line button that is in watch mode do not ring and do not display caller ID or call-waiting caller ID.

The line button for a watched phone can also be used as a direct-station-select for a call transfer when the watched phone is idle. In this case, the phone user who transfers a call from a normal line can press the Transfer button and then press the line button of the watched directory number, causing the call to be transferred to the phone number associated with the watched directory number.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1039613

Hope this helps!

Rob

I see. All in all it's like a mix of a shared line and monitor line with silent ring. The difference is that you can answer on the shared ringing line and transfer is done with either hold or parking the call.

I've got a customer crucifixing me because they wanted something like that, but the best I was able to suggest was shared lined. I think if I try to introduce this now thye will defenestrate me directly.

Ok, lets resume this. You tell me not to use the blf-speed-dial programming but to assign an ephone-dn to the buttons of the 7914 addon modules ? And then i should use something like 7m24 to monitor ephone-dn. I then can see if this phone is in use or not, i presume ? In my version i do not have a wach command for buttons. And when the phone is available i can press transfer and put the button in of the phone i want ?

Hi Maarten,

This old method for BLF/DSS will do everything you want to do;

Here is what you should try :)

Monitor-Line Button for Speed Dial

For Cisco CME 3.2 and later versions, a monitor-line button can be used to speed-dial the monitor line's number. A monitor line is a line that is shared by two people. Only one person can make and receive calls on the shared line at a time, while the other person, whose line is in monitor mode, is able to see that the line is in use. Speed dialing is available when monitor lines' lamps are off, indicating that the line is not in use. For example, an assistant who wants to talk with a manager can press an unlit monitor-line button to speed-dial the manager's number.

A monitor-line lamp is off or unlit only when its line is in the idle call state. The idle state occurs before a call is made and after a call is completed. For all other call states, the monitor-line lamp is on or lit.

The following example shows a monitor-line configuration. Extension 2311 is the manager's line, and ephone 1 is the manager's phone. The manager's assistant monitors extension 2311 on button 2 of ephone 2. When the manager is on the line, the lamp is lit on the assistant's phone. If the lamp is not lit, the assistant can speed-dial the manager by pressing button 2.

ephone-dn 11

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

number 2322

ephone 1

button 1:11

ephone 2

button 1:22 2m11

No additional configuration is required to enable a phone user to speed dial the number of a monitored shared line, when the monitored line is in an idle call state.

DSS (Direct Station Select) Service

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions, the DSS (Direct Station Select) Service feature allows the phone user to press a single speed-dial line button to transfer an incoming call when the call is in the connected state. This feature is supported on all phones on which monitor line buttons for speed dial or speed-dial line buttons are configured.

When the DSS service is enabled, the system automatically generates a simulated transfer key event when needed, eliminating the requirement for the phone user to press the Transfer button.

Disabling the service changes the behavior of the speed-dial line button on all IP phones so that a user pressing a speed-dial button in the middle of a connected call will play out the speed-dial digits into the call without transferring the call. When DSS service is disabled, the phone user must first press Transfer and then press the monitor or speed-dial line button to transfer the incoming call.

SCCP: Enabling DSS Service

To enable DSS Service for all on all SCCP phones on which monitor line buttons for speed dial or speed-dial line buttons are configured, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) or a later version.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. telephony-service

4. service dss

5. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1035362

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: