cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QRT viewer menu in CCM5.1.3

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I can generate a xml file (ex, qrt000002.xml) via RTMT 'Collect files > Cisco Extended Function Report) but it's inconvinient to me to easy management.

I want to a menu similar to CCM4.x which able to access the QRT viewer from CCM admin interface.

where can I find the 'QRT viewer' menu in RTMT? I cannot see a menu under the RTMT 'Trace & Log Central'

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you have setup QRT on the phone. push the qrt button after hanging up. Once that is done, go to

Use RTMT Trace Collection, Remote Browse for 'Cisco Extended Functions Report',

Now, it will display nodes -> cisco extended functions report -> xml. On the right hand side you should see a txt file. double click on that. then you should see a window pop up with the following drop downs: extension numbers, devices, category. Choose the phone you want from the ext number. Then highlight all the fields you need in the bottom pane and click "display results". You should be able to see the qrt info.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you have setup QRT on the phone. push the qrt button after hanging up. Once that is done, go to

Use RTMT Trace Collection, Remote Browse for 'Cisco Extended Functions Report',

Now, it will display nodes -> cisco extended functions report -> xml. On the right hand side you should see a txt file. double click on that. then you should see a window pop up with the following drop downs: extension numbers, devices, category. Choose the phone you want from the ext number. Then highlight all the fields you need in the bottom pane and click "display results". You should be able to see the qrt info.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry to resurrect an almost 12mo old thread, but it left off exactly where I'm stuck.

I have QRT enabled on a 5.1(3) cluster, following all of the service activation, service parameter configs, softkey template configs, etc. The users are activating QRT and I have even seen the QRT activation alerts in RTMT.

I don't know how to view them within RTMT though. I go to Trace & Log Central / Remote Browse, select Extended Functions and Extended Functions Report. I see the node > CEF > SDI and node > CEFR > xml tree structure and I see all of the qrtxxxxxxx.xml files. I can select them, download them, and open them in notepad but that really really stinks. When I doubleclick on an xml file in the list I see an hourglass for a split second and then nothing happens.

Javalenc advises to doubleclick on 'a txt file' but all of the files I see are .xml files. The only .txt files I see are under node > CEF > sdi and doubleclicking on those produces the same results.

Do I need to install the QRT Viewer tool? I thought that it was included with RTMT which I pulled from the plugins page on the publisher.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Will

I just went to Google and searched for an XML editor. One of the first ones that came up was a free one from Microsoft Called XML notepad. After I installed in I had to go in to the folder options and associate that type of file with XML notepad. Works great

If this helped please rate the post

DONOVAN RAAUM
SENIOR UNIFIED COMM ENGINEER
O 763-971-2433
E Draaum@convergeone.com

That did the trick. Pretty strange though.

Thanks much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: