Replies

the "Requalify Node" is killing me

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys.

I use IPCC Enterprise with IVRs.

The ICM script im having problem with is very simple:

Calls comes in, Translation Route to IVR, user get a prompt to enter "1" or "2", after that i check with "Caller Entred Digit" and want to do "Requalify node" to route the Call to another Calltype (in another script). If Agent are ready on the second Calltype it works fines (rings the Agent). If all Agent on the Secont Calltype are busy it doesnt go through my IVR.

When i use "label" instead of "Requalify" it works fine. But i need the Requalify Node for reporting Purpose.

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

What does the second script do exactly? What node is it failing on in the second script? One thought without seeing the script is you don't need another Translation Route to VRU in the second script.

What happens if you use a Go To Script node instead of the Label or Requalify?

First thanks for you reply.

The Second Script is a script for Hotline Sale, in that script i have LAA to a Skillgroup node (which works fine, agents takes the call when not busy), then i have after that the "translation route to VRU" to queue to agents.

The Script is fine when i call the DN associated with it directly. the problem i think is that IPCC dont like having two Translation ROute to VRU on a row, even if not on the same script.

What happens if you use a Go To Script node instead of the Label or Requalify?

Go to Script dont work either. only the Label node works fine.

Any idea why??

Jay

David is correct. The second translation is not necessary. This is because after the translation in the first script, the routing client for the call becomes the VRU, you are then attempting to translate again, which will fail (unless your translation routes are really messed up!).

The solution is to conditionally translate to VRU in the second script based on a variable, eg peripheral variable, set in the first script.

The opposite situation can occur when you perform a translation in the first script which requalifies to a second script (without a translate) , the call then RONAs and is configured to go into the second script but fails when trying to re-queue due to no tranlation route!

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Hi Mark, thanks for your replay.

The solution is to conditionally translate to VRU in the second script based on a variable, eg peripheral variable, set in the first script.

Can you please more explain what do you mean by that?? how can a peripheral variable help?

The first script need the VRU TRanslation because the user will hear a prompt and decide where to go. After that i requalify to "Calltype_Sale" for pressed "1", and to "Calltype_Helpdeskt" for "2". If i stripp out the VRU translation fromboth scripts associated with calltype sale and helpdesk will it then work?.

Thank you.

Jay,

You mentioned that if you call the script directly with the DN associated your second script works correctly. This is due to the translation route in the second script being present. Are there situations when the second script is called directly ? If not, removing the translation from both would fix your issue.

If the second script is called directly you could have a flow like so:

1st script

1. any preconditions before playing menu

2. translate to VRU

3. play menu

4. set variable (eg we use peripheral variable 10) to "Menu_Played"

5. requalify call based on CED

2nd script

1. any preconditions

2. LAA to skill group

3. if variable <> "Menu_Played" then

3a. Translate to VRU

4. queue to skill group

5. play any queuing messages/moh etc.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mark.

Mark,

indeed this is exactly how my scripts look like, with the exception of the peripheral variable being set, which i still dont understand why would need it.

1st script

1. any preconditions before playing menu

2. translate to VRU

3. play menu

4. requalify call to Sale_Calltype if "1" pressed or to Support_Calltype if "2" is pressed.

2nd script (associated with ie Sale_Calltype)

1. any preconditions

2. LAA to skill group

3. Translate to VRU

4. queue to skill group

5. play prompts

When i Call the first script and press "1" or "2" i get a fast busy when no Agent is available.

Jay,

The fast busy is a sign that the second translation failed. You will have an error if you look in router log viewer stating that it tried to translate from your IVR.

The reason for using the PV is just to indicate to the second script (as it is unaware that you have performed the translation already) that you already have a translation route and thus don't need another one. Your call will then successfully queue.

Regards,

Mark.