Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating IPCCX script

agup
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer deployment of IPCC Express 5.0 with Call Manager 5.X

We are trying to create a script where we have to manage agents with 3 different skill sets, lets say Skill A, B and C. Each agent has all the 3 skills A, B and C but with different skill levels.

Callers get a menu to choose:

1 to reach agents with skillset A

2 to reach agents with skillset B

3 to reach agents with skillset C

Further if all the agents with highest skillset A are busy and if caller enters option '1', then we redirect the call to agent with highest skillset B or skillset C, if they are available.

Can we create a script using only one CSQ and route calls based on the caller input. If not what is the best solution that you can recommend.

I am new to IPCC and creating scripts, so let me know if you need any clarification in the above situation I am facing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

izackvail
Level 1
Level 1

I would think the easiest way to do this would be to create 3 CSQs and 3 skills.

Add all the agents to each CSQ but at different skill levels. For example, agents in CSQA with skillA would get a skill of 10. Agents in CSQA with skillB would get a skill of 8. etc.

Then route the calls based on most skilled.

Then just create a menu with 3 options. One for each CSQ. If the menu times out send them back to the beginning. If all agents are busy send them to a queue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

izackvail
Level 1
Level 1

I would think the easiest way to do this would be to create 3 CSQs and 3 skills.

Add all the agents to each CSQ but at different skill levels. For example, agents in CSQA with skillA would get a skill of 10. Agents in CSQA with skillB would get a skill of 8. etc.

Then route the calls based on most skilled.

Then just create a menu with 3 options. One for each CSQ. If the menu times out send them back to the beginning. If all agents are busy send them to a queue.

thank you Izack.

do you think there is another better way or logic to implement this...

We have already created the menu and three options, what is left is routing the calls effectively to the agents.

Hi,

what makes the above suggestion efficient is setting the (contact service queue ) Resource Selection Criteria to "most skilled"

that way your "Skill B" queue will first assign calles to agents with highest skill in "B"

hope it helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: