cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setting up adifferent name for the "Corporate Directory button"

marc052261
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to change the text on the phone for "Corporate Directory" to another name. I've been told to set up a external "LDAP Server" (using Active Directory (Win2003 Server). I've gotten to the point where I have "IP Blue" talking to my new AD but I cannot get the phones (7970's) to work. Note this is in a lab getting ready to deploy

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you would need to modify the file to which you're pointing with the URL Directories under the enterprise parameters, if you have CUCM 5/6 you would need to somehow get root access to try this.

if you have CUCM 3/4 look for the file and i believe that the name is a parameter in the file which you can change. make sure to make a copy of the file before doing any changes

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I've been told that we cannot get access any more. In the past I got access via a TAC ticket for 7 day access. Ive been pointed in the direction to use a External LDAP server and set up the Integration in the CCM. Someone else told me we need to go to Cisco's development team.

unfortunately that's the way it is now, root access is now only granted when hitting a bug and the WA needs it, or for troubleshooting purposes for TAC

you could certainly set an external script to search the directory, but as they mention if you need support on the creation of the script you need DEV support. TAC does not handle script development or custom directories.

try this page:

http://www.ccmstuff.net/

maybe one of this can help you

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is the path you are looking for if the ccm is not 5.x or above

c:\ciscowebs\ipphonesservices\ccmcip\locales\english......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: