cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP client disconnecting from Terminal service(Remote Desktop Connection)

yong1794
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

We are using WiSM(ver 4.2.99), LAP1131AG, ACS4.1(PEAP, MSCHAPv2) and

interworking with Active Directory.

The WLAN service and client authentications are working very well. The wireless encryption

is WPAv1 (TKIP).

The problem is taht the wireless client using MS Wireless Zero Configuraion drop from

terminal service pc which is also using WZC.

If i connect terminal pc changed wirelss to wired, the session is not disconnecting.

I thnk this issue come from TKIP encryption and LWAPP Tunneling.

5 Replies 5

sabhasin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there could be a number of things that's affecting these clients (I wouldn't blame "LWAPP tunneling" just yet). Have you had a chance to capture some over-the-air packets? What about the RF side of things with a spectrum analyzer? Also, another thing you might try is pick one of these poorly performing clients and run a debug on its mac address, on the WLC (debug client ). We'll have more to work on from there...

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you say you drop terminal services, are you losing wireless client / access point connectivity during this drop? Perhaps interference where an elevated noise floor is causing a short moment of wireless loss.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks reply.

I don't think the noise issue in here cause other remote access utilities like RealVNC, PCAnywhere are not happen disconnection problem.

Only wireless remote desktop hosting pc(windows XP) is dropping a few senconds later from LWAPP AP whenever wired and wireless user connected it.

how often is the disconnect? (random or at consistent intervals?) could you, if possible, try to capture some packets when this happens?

The disconnection happen whenever wired and wireless client are connecting wireless remote desktop hosting LWAPP client (windows XP). The hosting client is re-association a few seconds later after disconnected.

We are using a controller image version 4.2.99.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card