Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between models?

rileymartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I bought a used AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9 Cisco Aironet 1200 AP W/ A & G Radios and when it arrived I noticed the stickers on the back said:

AIR-AP1231G-A-K9

AIR-AP1210

AIR-RM20A-A-K9

AIR-MP20B-A-K9

Is this an AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9? If not, what is it and what's the difference? Thanks to anyone who is familiar with this equipment and can straighten me out.

Riley

3 Replies 3

rghernandez
Level 1
Level 1

the AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9 is the US version of the Cisco 1242AG

The AIR-AP1210 is the platform version/series

the AIR-RM20A-A-K9 Is the internal A radio module and

the AIR-MP20B-A-K9 Is the internal B radio module. With these devices in your access point you can run A, B, and G devices. the sticker is just stating what radio modules are installed in the device. yes this is a 1232ag access point.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for clearing that up. I searched for AIR-AP1231AG-A-K9 and all I could find were articles about using this number when requesting an RMA and nothing that explained whether or not it was the same thing. Thanks again.

I did password recovery on the AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9 and now I'm reading 'Cisco IOS Wireless LAN Configuration Guide Release 12.4T' trying to learn how to do the config. After the password recovery I reset the con, vty and enable secret passwords and when I did a sh run there was 'more' in the config than I was expecting. I attached the config. Is this the default config that the unit comes with or is this left over from its previous environment. I'm learning this all for the first time so I'm really clueless. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card