cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console very slow - CUCM 6.1.1

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

We've got three users that all run the attendant console. Since upgrading to 6.1.1 from 4.1.3, the console is painfully slow when they attempt to click between speed dial tabs, or do just about anything. The console window turns to a grey box for about 5-7 seconds and then snaps out of it. Once it snaps out of it, it works just fine, doesn't miss a beat. But, if they go work in their email, or web, or anything other than the console and come back to it, it freezes for another 5-7seconds and then is fine again.

This is becoming extremely frustrating for our users here and TAC provided no help at all. The machines they're running are loaded with memory and have new processor's, so I really don't think its a lack of resource issue.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Also, this message keeps getting generated in the real-time monitor:

LowAttendantConsoleServerHeartbeatRate

Attendant Console Server heartbeat rate below 24 beats per minute. Current heartbeat rate is 0 beats per minute.

13 Replies 13

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Try this Bug - CSCsm40545.

I have also run into this same issue in UCM 6.0.1. It was recommended to load the latest ES, which for me was 2129-2. Still the same issue occurs. Have you checked the IP path from your user's PC back to your voice servers? I am in the process of doing this and feel it might be a switch port config issue.

Yes, I've checked the switchport configs. I've experimented a bit but nothing seems to help. I even moved one users PC over to the GB switch we have that the callmangers are in. Didn't help.

I've got a TAC case open at the moment and we're not getting anywhere. If we find anything I'll be sure to post back..

Snooter,

Did you ever resolve this? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks!

Yes, we found a fix. Sorry for not updating this post, I thought I did that. The fix is NOT upgrading.

After doing some more network sniffing, we noticed there were a few ICMP unreachables showing up.. I wasn't really looking for these so never paid attention to them before. I went in and added the servers to the local lmhosts and hosts file.

SERVER_IP SERVERNAME

SERVER_IP SERVERNAME

Delay was gone right away and hasn't came back.. I made this change about a month ago now and still working like a champ.

operatiosn
Level 1
Level 1

restarting the AC service was a workaround here. thanks for sharing this.

for 5 minutes :(

If this becomes an issue for you after 5 minutes again, I suspect there is an underlying network issue you are experiencing. You might want to verify connectivity between all nodes of the cluster.

Configure hosts file into Attendant PCs configuring host for Attendant Servers

Did this actually work for you?

Hello,

I've got the same messages during night :

"Attendant Console Server heartbeat rate below 24 beats per minute. Current heartbeat rate is 3 beats per minute. The alert is generated on Tue Jun 02 01:15:14 CEST 2009 on node 10.0.0.3. "

Appears during night , stop themselves.

Why we have got theses messages ?

Best regards.

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm running into the same issue. Did putting local host files on the PC running attendant console help?

For what it's worth I tried this and it did fix my problem as well. I had the Attendant Console configured to access the Call Processing servers via IP so I didn't see why having a hosts entry would matter, but it did.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: