cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge Question

cerp
Level 1
Level 1

I have built an IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge using a Cisco 2811 router with IOS version 12.4(7b) Advanced IP services. The conference bridge works correctly, however when I try to add it to TACACS+ it won't authenticate. It then proceeds to lock me out of the router and won't even allow me to login on the console with the local username. I have been looking through the forums for similar problems, but I haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know if this is an IOS version problem and if so, what IOS should I upgrade to?

Regards,

Larry

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi LArry,

I dont clearly understand the relation between TACACS and SCCP IOS CFB if you explain me I can help you

thanks

There is really no relation between TACACS and the CFB other than we utilize TACACS to login to our network gear. Our TACACS server is working on all of our other gear and the configurations are the same. We are also running the same IOS version on all of our 2811 routers. The conference bridge is currently working, however I have to login using a local username. According to our security department, we cannot use local accounts for login. I have been unable to find any information that would suggest that there are any conflicts between the IOS and conferencing. However, I have built this CFB using two different routers and I experience the same issue. Both routers had the same IOS version and PVDM. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

Larry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: