Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 missing Hold softkey - CUCM 6.0(1)

Hi All,

We have got a strange situation - all our 7911 phones registered to CUCM 6.0(1) are missing Hold softkey. Instead all of them have Monitor softkey (which is effectively the loudspeaker key). If you go to Softkey Template page and select Connected phone state then you can see all the softkeys in the correct order and the first key is Hold. Monitor key is not shown anywhere. Nevertheless on the phone itself it is Monitor key instead of Hold.

Another interesting thing is when I change the Softkey Template, save it and reset the phone, there is no change in the softkeys on the phone - they stay exactly the same as they were (with Monitor as the first key).

Has anybody seen anything like this?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

Surely on a 7911 this will not update as there is a dedicated hold "hard"key so maybe CUCM is clever enough to omit the softky as unrequired?!

By the way, why do you want the sotkey aswell?

Dave.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alexander,

I looked through all the 6.0 Bugs related to Softkeys and didn't see one that sounded like this. There is one that shows that to change the Softkey Template it actually has to be updated twice (maybe why it won't change. If you let us know what firmware the 7911's are running we can look at that.

Rob

Hi Rob,

At the moment the load running on 7911 phones is 7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3. I am planning to upgrade it to 7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2 just in case.

I am really puzzed as well by the fact that the changes to Software Template are not reflected on the phones. I wonder if in CUCM6 they have introduced some new tricky way of updating it, for example if there are some

configuration dependancies that are not obvious but still must be considered. From what I can see it should be setup in the same way as in CCM5 but I have never had such problem with CCM5.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Surely on a 7911 this will not update as there is a dedicated hold "hard"key so maybe CUCM is clever enough to omit the softky as unrequired?!

By the way, why do you want the sotkey aswell?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

How stupid I am - there is definitely a dedicated hard-key for Hold!!!!!!! This is definitely the case! No, I actually do not need to have it as a softkey if there is a hardkey :)

Thanks a lot for pointing this to me :)

Regards,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

No problem, you are more than welcome. it is one of those little things that is easily overlooked/forgotten. We have all done it for something at some point!

Hope all else is well with the install. Have a good day.

Dave.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Nice one my friend! 5 points for getting this straight. I feel like a real idiot now looking through all those Bugs........

Like I was supposed to learn long ago;

"Start with the simple and work towards the complex"

Thanks for this reminder ;)

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: